Amphenol Antenna Solutions is always looking for highly motivated and versatile team players to join our team. To further explore any opportunities listed on this page, email your resume and cover letter to Amphenol Antenna Solutions at the address shown.
Careers with Amphenol
Posted: February 3, 2018
Position: Mechanical Engineer Manager
Amphenol Antenna Solutions, a subsidiary of Amphenol Corp. designs and manufactures high performance base station antennas for wireless networks. Headquartered in Rockford, Illinois, the company operates globally from eight strategically located manufacturing and R & D centers around the world. With teams of engineers in each market working directly with OEM’s, operators, system integrators and installers; Amphenol Antenna Solutions is continuously improving its service and technology, and reaching new markets.
Plans and directs all aspects of mechanical engineering activities within the organization. Ensures all mechanical engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. Oversees the design of products such as Macro, Small Cell, DAS and Active Antennas. May oversee fabrication, operation, application, installation and/or repair of mechanical products. Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Reports directly to the Director of Engineering. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. Typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience. Position is based in Conover, North Carolina.
- Handle mechanical engineering activities and document control staff.
- Hire engineers as per needs defined on staffing forecast.
- Support mechanical engineers, designers and drafter to projects as per task needs and skills.
- Review mechanical engineering staff performance periodically.
- Inform technical staff of Division and engineering goals and business performance.
- Manage mechanical engineering competence and state-of-the-art expertise.
- Handle engineering tools and upgrades.
- Check ME deliverables of PD process and ensure achievement of quality standards.
- Review detailed mechanical design.
- Oversee and mentor mechanical design and CAD modeling in Solidworks.
- Comply drawings with applicable standards before approval.
- Plan work to ensure accounting for suitable ME deliverables.
- Support methodical root cause analysis and resolve non-compliance in part performance.
- Coach jobs, counsel on career and develop team members.
- Develop needed infrastructure to ensure Mechanical Engineering Competency.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in Solidworks, EPDM
- Works precisely and pays close attention to detail
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Strong skills and experience in Solidworks
- Some (10% – 20%) travel required
- Ideal : 5+ years experience
- Planning and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amphenol Antenna Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.